New section for newsletter

Home Forums Chronicler’s Corner New section for newsletter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by wil_salzburg wil_salzburg 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Finche
    Keymaster

Hey folks,

I was thinking about our newsletter and thought that maybe we could start a regular feature on Book/Article Reviews. I would suggest that the books or magazine/news sites articles be at least marginally related to the period covered in the SCA (pre-17th century, for the new folks). They could be scholarly (i.e. archaeological findings, history books, etc.) or fictional.

I challenge you (looks around at ALL the members of the Shier) to read a book or magazine article based on your persona interests, and write a review of it. I will be submitting a review of the book I’ve been working through that is the starting point for my persona blog about food and food crops.

My reasoning for this idea/challenge is that it may help someone else find resources they might not have known about or considered for their own persona development.

Finche

edithdb
    edithdb
    Participant

I read this a while ago but am coming back to it now and think it’s an awesome idea! It might also encourage members to read more SCA-related books. 🙂 I’d be up to it with a disclaimer that I’m going in blindly.

wil_salzburg
    wil_salzburg
    Participant

I actually just finished a fictional book in a medieval setting!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Shire Events 2017

Meetings: Tuesdays, 7pm-10pm
Grover Hall Rm E304, OU Campus

Meeting A&S Classes:
TBD/A

Craft Nights: Thursdays, Starting Sept. 7
7PM – 10PM – Grover Hall Rm W125
Every other week

Fighter Practice: Tuesdays, 6pm – 7:45pm
Sundays starting September 3,
1pm – 5pm Morton Hall, Rm 201

Find us on Facebook!