Haunted Tower IV: Activities
List opens at 9:00 AM
- 9 – 10 AM Authorizations/Pick-ups/Practice
- 12-1 PM Lunch break. List open for pick-ups
- List closes an hour before court
The following activities will depend on time it takes to complete for beginning of the next
- Novice Tourney
For people with under 4 years of experience and have not won a tournament
- Zombites Tournament
Humans and Zombies face off. Zombies die by head blows and humans change to zombies by any killing blow. Can you survive?
- Battle of the Beasts
It’s monster hunting day in Dernehealde! Teams of four form up, bound together as a single beast and battle each other. All weapons styles encouraged.
- Monster Mash and Bash Melee
Back by popular demand! Humans, monsters, oh my! Multiple teams of humans and monsters, each with their own kill requirement.
There will be adult and youth targets on the archery range. A limited supply of loaner gear will be available.
- 10:00 AM – Range opens; practice and Royal Rounds
- 12:00 p.m. – Range closes for lunch (unless sufficient marshals available to keep it open)
- 1:00 p.m. – Range re-opens
– Youth Wild Animal Hunt = shoot the wild (stuffed) animals. Anything you hit you get to take home.
- 2:00 p.m. – William Tell Shoot = Shoot the fruit off of the boys head.
- 4:00 p.m. – Range closes; clean up and tear-down
Tentative Class Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. “No Bones About It”, an overview of the period uses of skeletal remains by Fine inghean Bran
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. “Contemporary Cures for the Black Plague”, an overview of 14th century medical science and suggestions in advance of the Black Plague by Valya Abnikov
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. “Intro to Herbal Medicines”, a basic healing salve make-and-take by Fine inghean Bran ($2 fee)
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. “Making Rue”, the essential base of sauces and gravies by THL Eidiard an Giobhann
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. “Basic Leatherworking”, a leather cup make-and-take by Orlaith inghean Iomharr ($5 fee)
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. “Creating a More Authentic Anglo-Saxon Persona”, by Baron Duke Sir Talymar
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. “Leprosy” – Did the Crusaders bring leprosy to Europe? Why did people bathe the feet of lepers, then drink the water? How could a leper get you into heaven faster? Why should you feed lepers rotten food? Come learn the “facts” that your persona knew about this dread disease. By Baroness Slany bean Uillic
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. “Death Becomes Her”, a look at death from a woman’s perspective using 1491 manuscript BNF 995 Danse Macabre des femmes. By Tina Layne
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. “Dancing with Death”, The Dance of Death motif and its representation in medieval art. By Tina Layne
A & S Competition & Salon
A&S Bean-count Competition – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please set up all entries by 1:00 p.m. to allow time for judging, and collect your entries by 4:00 p.m. to make room for court!
A&S Display (non-competing entries) – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please collect your entries by 4:00 PM to make room for court!
Tea Table – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Bring your A&S projects and enjoy a quiet corner complete with friendly company, some nice table space to work on, and a lovely cuppa – hot if the weather is cold, iced if we’re still experiencing summer. Come and go as you please!
Rapier List Schedule (All times are approximate.)
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. sign in, inspections, authorizations
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. non-dominant hand tourney
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. lunch, pickups, etc.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Fastest sword in the Tower tourney
- 2:30 p.m. – close pickups, Cloak challenges